Roller blind fitting instructions
Roller Blind Fitting Instructions
Please view our Roller Blind fitting instructions online below or click the download link to download these instructions as a pdf. If downloaded these instructions can be printed off, making them easier to use.
- Screw Driver
- Tape Measure
Note: The installation of this product should be conducted by someone competent in DIY.
- Outside Recess: If the blind is to be fitted outside the window recess, ensure that measurement C is the same. Follow instructions for FACE FIXING. To calculate C (A-B)/2.
- Inside Recess: TOP FIX to the lintel. FACE FIX bracket to the window frame.
- Top Fixing: Measure and mark the distance, allowing for obstructions like handles that protrude into the recess area. Hold each bracket into place and mark the hole positions. Fit each bracket using suitable screws. Ensure fixings are suitable for the wall/surface to which you are mounting the brackets.
- Face Fixing: Hold each bracket into place and mark the hole positions. Fit each bracket using suitable screws. Please ensure fixings are suitable for the wall/surface to which you are mounting the brackets.
- Holding the fully-wound blind, insert the idle pin end (with a circular hole) into the bracket. With the idle pin end in place. Insert the control end (with a + sign) into the opposite bracket by depressing the pin end then pull down vertically until the control end clicks into position.
- Safety Device: The safety device must be installed at the maximum distance possible from the control mechanism to prevent the looped chain becoming slack. Place the safety device on the wall and mark the positioning of the 2 screw holes. Drill the holes using the suitable drill bit. Place device into position ensuring the chain is fully taut.
- Fitting the Safety Device: Screw the safety device securely to the wall using suitable fixings.
- Operating the Blinds:
- Standard Roll: To lower the fabric on the roller blind, gently pull the operating chain closest to the window. To raise the fabric, pull the chain furthest from the window.
- Reverse Roll: To lower the roller blind, gently pull the chain furthest from the window. To raise the blind, gently pull the chain closest to the window.