Orla kiely roller blinds fitting instructions
Orla Kiely Roller Blinds Fitting Instructions
Please view these Orla Kiely Roller Blind fitting instructions online below or click the download link to download these instructions as a pdf. If downloaded these instructions can be printed off, making them easier to use.
- Screw Driver
- Tape Measure
Warning: young children can be strangled by loops in pull cords, chains, tapes and inner cords. Keep cords out of reach of young children.
Note: This product has been supplied with a chain system with a safety device to affix the chain to the wall making this blind safe in line with the new child safety regulations outlined in BS EN13120. Install and use the included safety devices according to the installation instructions on these devices to reduce possibility of such an accident.
- You can choose either top fix or face fix for bracket location, this should be confirmed as the first step.
- Identify the side of the blind that contains the control chain. This is known as the control end and should be fixed to the bracket that has a ‘+’ sign located in the middle. The opposite end with a single pin is the ‘Idle end’ and is fixed to the bracket with the small hole in the middle.
- To work out spacing between brackets, add 35mm to the tube length.
- Fix the brackets ensuring the outside of the brackets are tube + 35mm apart.
Fitting the Blind
- Hold the blind to the brackets with the fabric hanging the back of the roller tube for a standard blind.
- Fit the idle end into the bracket with a small circular hole and push it gentle into the bracket. You will notice that a spring tension on the idle end will press inwards.
- Fit the control end into the opposite bracket by placing the hook into the vertical part of the ‘+’ sign. The spring tension in the idle end ensures a snug fit.
Operating the Blind
- To allow your blind to raise or fall, pull the chain and adjust blind to desired level.
- Ensure you do not continue pulling the chain once the blind is full retracted as this damages the rail.
- If you need to remove the blind, hold the control end and lift off the bracket whilst pushing the idle end spring inwards. This releases the blind.