Sarah Williams is a writer at Bridgman a supplier of quality garden furniture. Established in the 1950’s, Bridgman is synonymous with luxurious home and garden furniture. They believe that furniture strengthens family time by enhancing meals, celebrations and relaxation. That is why they source the finest materials for their furniture. Sarah writes very visual content utilising life hacks and advice you wish you had thought of. So we are proud to bring you the Designers Insights of Sarah Williams.
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
As a design enthusiast I enjoy a lot of different styles, but I generally appreciate simple, uncluttered spaces. I love lush outdoor spaces and simple decoration inspired by nature.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
My first step is always to discuss my ideas with colleagues and friends. People usually have questions that can help better define a project or simply help improve it.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I usually work alone. The person I have most worked with is Alicia Thompson, also a writer for the blog. We can sometimes work on common projects, especially DIY projects. She’s very enthusiastic about DIY and is always on the lookout for new project ideas! She also likes interior design and home décor, and as we don’t have the exact same tastes it is always interesting to discuss our ideas.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I regularly check blogs and Pinterest, but London is also a great place to get inspired! I also enjoy practicing Yoga: it helps clear my mind and can sometimes trigger a breakthrough!
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I have always had an interest for outdoor living and design, Bridgman is the perfect fit for me! I would advise people to be patient, finding the perfect fit for you might take time but you should continue doing what you love and believing in yourself.