Lori Carroll is a renowned interior designer of commercial and residential properties, working within the Tucson, Arizona area for over 30 years. Lori is known for her creative and inspirational design ideas, and for creating interiors that reflect her individual approach and the strong team that she works with. Her team of accredited designers and CAD specialists help Lori to maintain the ultimate design experience for her clients. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Lori Carroll.
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I mix elements of modern minimalist, classic, rustic and contemporary styles throughout my designs. My emphasis is on color and texture; rich in detail yet comfortable.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process? My creative process begins the moment I meet clients. My goal is to establish a rapport, collect ideas, organize my thoughts and then begin to formulate a design plan.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
A local craftsman, Rudy Hodgers, who I have worked with for 30 years, is probably the most creative person I know. His attention to detail matches my own, making him a valuable partner in design. Artistically mixing metal, wood and glass, his ability to create pieces that have never been seen is phenomenal. Many of Tucson’s finest homes have doors, lighting or sculptures designed and skillfully crafted by Rudy Hodgers.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Using the location of a project as inspiration is my design philosophy. Taking cues from the surrounding environment is key to creating the perfect space that will fit a client’s lifestyle.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
By continually marketing, advertising and developing a network of industry partners and valued clientele, I have become a familiar face throughout the Southwest. With a reputation for honesty and integrity, my business continues to grow. My advice to promising new designers; work hard and get your name out there.