Christy James is a DIY and craft blogger, tackling just about every project she can and writing about her experience on her blog, Confessions of a Serial DIYer. Christy loves painting and restoring all sorts of treasures, from thrift stores and all other places too. She also loves sewing, regularly creating a new project for her blog. She started her blog in 2012 and hasn’t looked back since. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Christy James.
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I believe that if I love something, it will work in my décor. I also believe fabulous décor doesn’t have to cost a fortune.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I like to get all of my ideas out of my head and onto paper. I’ve been known to break out the graph paper on more than one occasion.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
That would be my Mom. Having a father in the military who was away much of my childhood, my Mom had no choice to but to do everything on her own, and she could tackle just about anything. I still bounce ideas off of her because I know I’ll get an honest answer and great advice.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
If I’m painting a piece of furniture, inspiration usually just comes all by itself, but when it doesn’t, I just start painting without a plan and that gets the ideas flowing.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I am a Registered Nurse by trade, but after a year of staying home with my youngest, I thought starting a blog would be a great way to have a little something that was all my own. I had no idea that it would become my passion. I love creating and sharing with the world. My advice for someone wanting to grow their own blog would be to be true to you; and amazing, original content is the key to growth.