Lindsay Eidahl is a design and thrift blogger at her own site, My Creative Days, writing from Iowa, USA since 2013. Lindsay is obsessed with thrifting, rusty treasures, old wood and everything in between. She loves finding creative and affordable ways to furnish and decorate her home, creating craft accessories and planning activities for her kids. Lindsay is also passionate about frugally creating fantastic spaces, without breaking the bank. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Lindsay Eidahl.
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
My style is unique in that I love to hunt for one of a kind pieces at yard sales and thrift stores. I don't want my home to look like it came out of a catalog or furniture store. I want it to be full of character and charm.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
When starting a furniture makeover, the process starts with the hunt. Then, I figure out what I have to do to the piece to make it my own. After that, comes the elbow grease and actually working on it and finally, it is put in our home.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
My mom! I have learned a lot through the years by watching my mom hit yard sales and thrift stores for pieces and bringing them home to make them her own. I am so grateful for all the things my mom has taught me!
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I can get inspired anywhere!! I get inspired from magazines and stores, but a lot of times it is the oddest places that I will get inspired. Being in nature can give me tons of inspiration. I find inspiration EVERYWHERE!
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I have been decorating and redecorating our home for years! Recently, (after many nudges from family and friends) I started sharing my style, tips and ideas on my blog - mycreativedays.com! It has been the best journey I have ever embarked on and I can't wait to see where it takes me!