Karen Haller is a leading expert in the field of applied colour psychology, training and mentoring other industry professionals worldwide to delve deeper into this fascinating subject both for their personal and professional development. She is internationally renowned as a colour expert, helping clients globally to transform their home, business brand or interior. Karen has also worked with Dulux, Dove, Logitech and Argos. She also helped curate this year’s 100% Design colour talks programme. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Karen Haller.
Image Credit: 1) Colourful Beautiful Things 2) Colour Design - Theories And Applications - Janet Best 3) Baines & Fricker 4) Goodwin and Goodwin 5) 100% Design Colour Talks
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Every creative decision I make is based on psychology. The psychology of colour and design.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
For me it’s connecting to and starting from the basis of my client’s emotions as everything we do is consciously or not comes from our emotional core.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
Who I am admire and in complete wonder is Mother Nature. Nature has a way of creating the most amazing colour palettes. She never gets it wrong. I love working with anyone who comes from a place of curiosity, wonder and adventure – anything is then possible.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
My inspiration comes from tapping into the authentic soul, the heart of the client whether that’s for the home, an office, boutique or well being. Know this the colours and the design style becomes crystal clear.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
After graduating from International School of Colour and Design Sydney I realised my passion lay in our human response to colour and the affects our behaviours. Colour is in my DNA. Follow your passion, that makes your heart sing. Come from a place of service and have fun!