Emily Clark is a design, interiors and furniture blogger, writing about her home and thrift store finds, from North Carolina. Emily believes that creating a beautiful home and place to live doesn’t have to be over complicated. She loves nothing more than finding bargains and rearranging her furniture to find the best layout for her home. Emily has also been featured on CNN, Style Me Pretty and Apartment Therapy. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Emily Clark.
Image Credit: 1-5) Emily A Clark
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
My design style is simple and easy. I like to hunt for good finds, even if they need a little work. Changing paint or hardware can make a world of difference!
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I look (and sometimes stare) at the space and then just start. I have a vision in my head and just go for it.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I can't choose! There are many I enjoy working with for different reasons. I have a lot of fun with many of my blogger friends and love talking about our recent or future projects. It's great going to events and seeing them in "real life".
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Once I think of a project, I can't get it out of my head until it's done. I will browse sites like Pinterest, Houzz, and even Instagram to find inspiration.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Honestly, it's been such a fun ride. I love to write and it's been great to have an outlet to chronicle my design taste, our houses (inspiration for our future house!), and work with some amazing companies. I feel so lucky to have this opportunity. My advice for future bloggers is to write, write, write in the beginning to build your readership. Also, find your niche. If you have a design blog, stick with design topics.