Ellen Delap is a professional organiser working from her own firm, based in Houston, Texas. Ellen began her professional career as an educator, working as a kindergarten teacher she developed practical organisation skills, implementing techniques to help her students manage their time. She has been active in American Business Women’s Association serving as Education Chair and continues to give back to the community with her speaking appearances. She also earned a Master’s degree in Education from Boston College. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Ellen Delap.
Image Credit: 1) Brother P Touch Label Maker 2) Charleston Desktop file 3) Arc Customized Notebook 4) Office Candy Cute Clipboards 5) Ballard Designs Wall Pockets
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
My style is practical, functional and fun. Together my clients and I streamline their environment, create effective strategies for an organized lifestyle and help prioritize organization in their daily routines.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
My client and I work together on creating a space. We tour the space and talk through the function of that area, as well as what the area will look and feel like when completed.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
My clients are all resourceful and creative. I respect their decisions and choices. I admire their desire to be more organized and productive.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Most of my clients love music, color, and art. It’s inspiring to combine all of these to create a great space.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
My desire to make a difference every day is what started my career. It has thrived because of my client centered- approach. Be prepared with great education, be a great listener, and bring resources for your clients. Join our National Association of Professional Organizers for training and support in our industry.