Cary M. King is designer and co-owner of Red Carrot Design, along with his wife Jill R. King working from Anchorage, Alaska. Cary and Jill formed the company as it is today in 2007 to provide interior design, graphic design and visual display merchandising to their clients. He is also a proud member of AIGA and in 2010 was actually elected AIGA president of the Alaskan charter. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Cary M King.
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Our design solutions include a carefully executed vision, that is clear, useful and expressive.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Our goal is to listen, learn and ask a lot of questions. Analyze the data, develop a plan and present the results.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
My wife and business partner Jill. We met while studying art and design in College and have been together for almost twenty five years. She is my soul mate, inspiration and love of my life.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Exploring the Alaska outdoors! I’ve been working from home for over 10 years and I love taking breaks to go outside. Exploring the beauty in nature provides many examples for inspiration. Colors, textures, patterns and more.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I’ve been blessed to lived in Alaska most of my life. During this time, I have gained a valuable education, met my life partner and started a business. My advice, don’t let fear control your life.