Amanda Kolb is the founder of The Kolb Corner, where she blogs about food, crafts, diy and most importantly frugality. Her DIY adventure started after college when she bought and renovated a home with her husband, in Chattanooga, Tennessee. This experience ensured that she would learn to fix things herself, as hiring professionals was out of their budget. Now living in San Antonio, Texas she is passionate about thrifting, antiquing, organizing, interior design and of course her pets. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Amanda Kolb.
Image Credit: 1) grahambrown.com 2) birchlane.com 3) birchlane.com 4) overstock.com 5) Debenhams
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
My aesthetic changes all the time, but in my current state of mind I love all things rustic and feminine. My favorite is mixing the two.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I start with a basic idea or concept, and just let it evolve as I work. Sometimes I end up with a completely different end result than what I originally pictured.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I have collaborated with a lot of very creative people, so it’s hard to narrow down to just one. I am always completely amazed at how much creativity my fellow bloggers put out there, and the spaces or projects they produce.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Spending an afternoon thrifting or “junking” always gets those creative wheels turning. I love thinking of ways to turn something old into something beautiful.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I still have a long way to go in achieving my goals, but without a doubt, dedication and unconditional support from my husband has gotten me where I am. Never give up on your dreams, work hard, and love what you do.