Therese Long is a “treasure huntress”, sharing her quest and adventures on her blog La Dolfina Lifestyle, writing from Alameda, California. Therese takes pride in finding unique accessories for her home, looking for those unusual pieces that can become the "jewelry" of a room. In fact, she has spent a lifetime sourcing unusual and interesting "treasures". All of these irreplaceable finds, tell the story of who she and her family are. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Therese Long.
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I have coined my style, " Chinoiserie Coastal", which is an eclectic mix of what I like to call "few of a kind treasures" that I source from various places and combine to create an exotic and exciting design aesthetic.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I begin my looking for inspiration which can sometimes start with a simple architectural detail, a color story, or a room arrangement.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I have worked with Celerie Kemble this past year. There is so much to admire about her. Her talent is unstoppable.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Absolutely, I go treasure hunting!
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
ALWAYS listen to and follow your gut! Do what you love and the rest will follow.