Richard Edmondson is a renowned interior designer, as well as founder of his own firm Edmondson Interiors, based in Kent, UK. Richard treats his design process as if he was a tailor, creating bespoke designs for the exact requirements and lifestyle of his clients. He believes that clients entrust his team with their home, so he has a duty to fulfil their needs. Richard’s interiors have been featured in a number of leading home and interior magazines. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Richard Edmondson.
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
As a designer of kitchens and furniture, I am driven by desire to enhance our client’s lives in a small way and to awaken the possibilities of how they can use the space entrusted to us.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Listening carefully to our customer’s needs, ideas and problems to be resolved. Understanding their lifestyle, passions, architectural feel of the property and working closely with them at every stage of the project with the utmost attention to detail.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I believe I have been most influenced by the Arts & Crafts movement and innovation. It established a new set of principles for living and working which is still true today.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I find inspiration from everywhere: Chatting to friends and clients, nature, light, walking the dog, Pinterest and then merging them altogether.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
My career is simply a continuing education and inspiration in an industry I am passionate about. Each completed kitchen, fitted bookcase or piece of furniture marks a milestone along the way. My advice would be to make sure everything you do adds to your sense of purpose. Don’t be afraid to follow your passion.