Narcisa Demian is from Demian Staging Design, where she creates natural and cozy environments for her clients, from Milano, Italy. Narcisa tries to create a homely atmosphere using furniture, furnishings and home accessories to stage homes for her clients. She appreciates that homes are bought based on first impressions, so ensures people get the right impression of a home within 90 seconds. All her choices are based on the style of the home and prospective buyer. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Narcisa Demian.
Image Credit: 1) Eichholtz 2) Eichholtz 3) Creative spaces 4) Molteni&C 5) Flou
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
My designs always include things that gives emotions, in a sophisticated and modern way, where people find a sense of calm and comfort in each of my spaces.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I love traveling and get to know new cultures. This helps me a lot to understand all clients needs and styles. I then mix our collaborative inspiration with my ideas to create a design concept.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I admire the people with passion for what they are doing. I love the answer "yes" so I have a deep respect for my construction team. They always find a way to do all the things I imagine.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I get inspired by many things including walking in the streets of my city Milan, from my trips, museums, people, architecture and all the trade shows.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Trust and taking a risk on something. I've change career some years ago, followed my dream and with lot of work now I can say I'm proud of it. In order to success in this business you need to have Drive, Determination and Discipline.