Kristine Franklin is passionate about all things interior design, especially the challenge of working to a budget yet still creating beautiful interiors. Living in Melbourne, Australia she is a self-taught interior decorator that loves to divulge her discoveries on her quest for affordable awesomeness. Her regular readers will also know that she has an addiction for thrift store picture frames. So we are proud to bring you the Designer insights of Kristine Franklin.
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Warm, charming and honest. I love the soothing appeal of a neutral base and natural elements interwoven with the character of antique pieces and hints of some more refined touches.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Rather than place my initial focus on appearance, I like to first concentrate on feel and function, using mood and practicality as the base to build the overall aesthetic around.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
Bloggers. They are such innovators!
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I often turn to simple online image searches. Whether that be through a dedicated platform, such as Pinterest, or a general engine, like Google. I usually already have a certain vision in mind and images can help provide visual validation.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Career? Wow, that sounds all very official. I thought I was simply stumbling along an amazing path! I’m simply passionate about creating a lovely home and this enthusiasm just seems to shine through.