Anu Tammiste is passionate about exquisitely designed interior and everything related to home decor. A passion that has only grown over time. She spends hours researching new design trends from her home in Estonia. From this she provide her readers with her own unique style, with a special penchant for Scandinavian design. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Anu Tammiste.
- Transcript -
1) In Your Own Words Describe Your Unique Style And Creative Aesthetic?
I like simple and modern Scandinavian style: neutral color schemes, natural materials, different textures, clean lines, functionality, with a fresh and airy look.
2) When Starting A New Design Project, What Is Your Creative Process?
Everything starts with getting inspiration! I create a mood board to visualize what I’d like to achieve and after that I make a list of things that need to be done and start working.
3) Out Of All The Creative People You Have Worked With, Who Is It That You Respect And Admire The Most?
I wouldn’t highlight anyone particular. Interacting with other creative minds who are doing what they love is always inspiring and I respect and admire each one of them for having the courage to live their dreams!
4) When Looking For Inspiration Is There A Particular Thing You Do To Get Inspired?
I like to spend time on Pinterest and usually it goes hand in hand with a good cup of coffee! This gets my creative juices flowing, always!
5) How Did You Get Into Interior Design? And What Is Your Advice For Design Students Looking To Follow In Your Footsteps?
I’ve had passion for interior design for as long as I can remember. As a little girl I liked to rearrange my room and I even preferred interior shops over toy shops! So I feel that doing what I do now is just so right! I think that to enjoy what you are doing you should find out what you like and who you’d like to be and then do something everyday to get closer to that vision!