Katie Williamsen is the founder of DIY blog, Twin Stripe which she writes from Greensboro, North Carolina. Katie tries to keep her DIY tutorials as simple and easy to follow as possible, for all those busy people that don’t have the time to create complicated designs. Her simple rule is, she doesn’t write about it unless she’d make, use or wear it herself. She also loves sharing her bright designs for the modern lifestyle. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Katie Williamsen.
Source: 1) BHG 2) Inside Out 3) Land Of Nod 4) Lulu And Georgia 5) The Jungalow
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I’m a mix of modern, bright, preppy and eclectic style. I love to play with pattern and color in my own home and share vignettes on the blog and social media.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Inspiration seems to strike me at odd times, so I try to have a notebook with me at all times. I get down all of my ideas and get to work.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I love working with the amazing ladies of Vivid Interiors in Greensboro, NC. Their creativity is always flowing and they have amazing style. It’s inspiring to work with successful female entrepreneurs, I hope to follow in their footsteps someday.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Of course I love Pinterest, magazines and blogs, but I love to get outside and take a walk with my dog. I can work through ideas and come up with new ideas while being inspired by the world around me.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
There has been a lot of late nights and hard work maintaining Twin Stripe, but I’ve learned so much about myself through blogging. I’ve developed my own style that I can share everyday. I encourage others to work on finding their own unique style too.