Jones & Jones have created bespoke hand crafted furniture from their workshop for three generations, most recently by current owners and brothers David and Mike Jones. Each generation of their family has passed down their specialist knowledge and expertise of furniture making. Since 1988 the company has built over 10,000 bespoke sofas and chairs throughout the Cambridge area, with many more being sold throughout the UK. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Jones & Jones.
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
A bespoke handcrafted finish is at the heart of our creative aesthetic – we believe that the details from a handmade finish set our style apart from others.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
We listen to our customers – we take on their feedback constantly and look to them. Sometimes our customers ask for a trend, or simply functional design to make their sofa comfier.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
Being a family business, that is our grounding – our family have been designing sofas for decades, we are the 3rd generation of furniture makers.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
We love our fabric designers, they provide a great deal of inspiration which keeps our work fresh and new. We work with suppliers like Harlequin, Sanderson and Romo, amongst many others.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Our dedication to quality and design has brought us to this point, and every single sofa we make is individual and special to us. Our advice would be to always focus on the customer and providing them with the best product you can.