Jessica Roe is the founder of Everyday Party Magazine, an online magazine sharing inspiring ideas for party planners. Jessica loves sharing ideas that are easy to create and can be achieved on a reasonable budget. Nicknamed the “The Party Hostess” by her family, she is renowned for planning parties, a passion that has been with her since high school. Her work has even been featured in Hostess With The Mostess and Bird’s Party Magazine. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Jessica Roe.
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I would describe my style as antique rustic chic, with a lot of cost conscious DIY elements.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I like to look in my own home for my first inspiration, if I still need some inspiration, I will look at antique or thrift stores for an inspiration piece and then expand from that point.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
Goodness, that is a hard one. I am blessed to work in an industry and position that allows me to work with so many great people. I would have to say I respect and admire the people that are honest, no matter what. Even if I don’t want to hear their honesty, I know deep down it is a fair statement.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I window shop, either online or in person. Store window displays are always so creative, I think they are a great place to let your imagination wander.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I started Everyday Party Magazine as a “dare”, I have learned so many lessons in the few short years I have been publishing EPM… be true, be fair, work hard, and take big risks.