Isabella Singleton is the founder of Isabella Singleton Design, where she designs and provides prismatic accessories for the style conscious. Isabella ensures eccentricity and simplicity resonate in each of her scarf designs, using clean lines as well as the whimsical and wonderful. As an illustrator, all of her prints and designs are hand drawn, with her doodles transforming into wacky images and digitally printed luxurious fabrics. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Isabella Singleton.
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Crazily bright, graphic doodles. But my general taste is very unspecific, it changes very often. I appreciate colour and marks sitting alone but then symmetry often dominates my creative mind too.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
PINTREST! My parents home in Suffolk allowing me to do lots of drawing. I am not much of a planner when it comes to creativity, it is an organic process.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I have yet to meet that person that wows me creatively, not because I don't love what they do but because I believe creativity comes in many many forms, it has so many angles to it. I am in awe of product designers, to make a beautiful thing functional is no mean feat.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Vogue. I have had it every month since I was 16 and I don't think it will ever stop. Walking and music, the two together especially creates some determination in me. Embroidery and repetition also inspire me hugely.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
A lot of doing what didn't feel right has brought me here. Maybe I am stubborn but somehow I am happiest designing what I want and how I want. I have a crazy amount to learn (mostly from myself and the steps I take each week) but I am a positive person and I love what I do, these things can't be forced but it can help you to feel at ease with taking a risk.