Dana Claudat is the Dana behind The Tao of Dana. As a professional Feng Shui consultant, Dana designs homes and lifestyles, helping people to rewrite their story to give more of themselves to life and get more of what they want from life. Moving furniture to change your life is a crazy concept to some, but Dana uses her skills to prove that it really does work. She even admits that it still amazes her how well it works and describes her job as helping you to design your dream life. So we are pleased to bring you the Designer Insights of Dana Claudat.
Image Credit: 1) Kevin Dakan Architect 2) Tabulous Design 3) Fancy 4) Big Hard Sun 5) Design Sponge
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
City bohemian. I love a mix of organic materials, unusual textures, unexpected colour and plants everywhere.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Connecting to the needs of my clients and how they want to change their lives is my starting point. Their aesthetic is my jumping-off place artistically.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
The team at Mind Body Green. They are a company that lives their ethos day in and day out and their office design was a reflection of such harmony and synergy.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Walking, hiking and Buddhist chanting. They all access different parts of the brain that sitting and staring at a computer do not access!
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I dedicated many years to developing my own ways of working, my own aesthetics and even my own methodology in feng shui with other jobs to support my years of organically building my own skillset to a place where I was truly integrated with my talents. I don’t meet many people willing to do that, but it was so vital to what I do and confidently designing space and helping people.