Wita Puspita is an illustrator and creative blogger that loves crafting visually awesome things, sharing her creations at Design is Yay! She takes pride in being able to see design everywhere, from beautiful cushions to household objects like mugs. She is also a self confessed stationery, Instagram and coffee addict. Wita loves nothing more than sharing her inspiring designs and free printables. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Wita Puspita.
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I love designs that are young and fun, but not childish. I always keep experimenting with different styles of design. I like colourful design as well as monochromes.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Researching on anything that’s related to the project online with a sketchbook in hand, sketching whatever comes into my mind when looking at those images.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I respect people who are passionate in what they are doing, and not just because they see a great monetary potential in that business. I love paper, so I really admire paper-fanatics who love talking about different kind of paper materials, examining the texture, weight and what kind of design are they good for.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Music definitely helps, as it affects my mood and helps me focus on what I’m doing. Sometimes working in a different environment will work too, such as a café. Drinking coffee is definitely a must.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Have a clear vision towards the end goal, but don’t be afraid to make changes and adjustments along the way. I wanted to create greeting cards for a living, but turns out that illustrating custom portraits and designing party stationery work better for me.