Vani Sayeed is an interior designer and founder of Vani Sayeed Studios, based in Newton, Massachusetts. Vani’s artistic aesthetic is heavily influenced by her cross-cultural experiences, having been brought up in India and now living in the US. She has a BFA in interior design from the Sir J. J. School of Art, in Mumbai, as well as a MFA in design from the University of Iowa. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Vani Sayeed.
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Global chic style evolved from my cross-cultural background. Good design accommodates pragmatism form; function and beauty are related. Creating compositions of spaces that are visually striking, inspiring and always comfortable.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Listening carefully to my client’s vision as they express their aesthetic and lifestyle. I then understand the space, research product and bring that vision alive!
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
Growing up in India I spent much of my childhood admiring the artistic creativity of my mother. Which sparked my interest in pursuit of a career in self-expression. Today, I am so fortunate to collaborate with incredibly talented people who inspire me daily and are a true joy to work with.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I am inspired by the spontaneity I encounter in life and a deliberate visual engagement with the world. Inspiration is everywhere I just reach out to have a creative conversation.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
My career is continuously evolving. I learn something new each day and have the passion to create. Keep your mind open, absorb like a sponge and expression will follow.