Ursula Carmona is a DIY, decor and craft blogger, sharing her latest projects on her blog Home Made By Carmona. Ursula is a handy wannabe and lover of all things beautiful, especially creative ideas for her home. She is a blissfully bold DIY’er, that is determined to complete any project she puts her hand to. She takes pride in creating a warm, loving (and organised) home where her family can grow and become even more incredible. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Ursula Carmona.
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
My philosophy is “go with what moves you”. Rather than being defined by a single style or aesthetic, I love to see an well curated mix of favorite things!
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I envision the project in the space, ask what ideally I require to love and live in the space, and start experimenting!
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I could cite amazing interior designers or bloggers, but the most influential is my own artist father, Donald Towns. As a child I watched him turn a raw canvas into amazing pieces of artwork for Disney. Of course, seeing the artwork transform into movies seemed like magic! Yet it is his creativity and innovation within the home that influences me to this day…I still believe I can create anything!
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
When all else fails and I need motivation and inspiration, I take to Pinterest! I curate the most beautiful spaces that move me, and all it takes is a glance to feel motivated to go create my own beautiful spaces!
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Hard work and determination. I dream big…but let’s face it, you can dream big and go nowhere if you aren’t brave enough to take action and work hard at it. Start by counting the cost, then aim for the stars, and be willing to land on the moon.