- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Minimalist and inventive. I like to re-use what’s already in a space in a new way. Clients say “I never thought of using this for that, but I like it!”
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I get to know the dream in my client’s heart for their space…AND for their life. This informs the process of designing the space.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I work regularly with a graphic designer named Sylvia Foures. While she designs media as opposed to spaces, I am so inspired by her. You can trust that any project she delivers will be done with elegance and flair. She makes my job so easy because I send her static content and she transforms it into cuisine for the eyes. What a gift!
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I am inspired by the dreams of my clients. When we begin a job there is an inherent hope that their space, their LIFE will be better upon completion. I love chasing dreams.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
My passion for organization and seeing people’s lives transformed has brought me to this place. The best advice I have is to continually nurture your passion…it’s why you’re on this earth and it’s your personal gift to humanity. And always keep learning…it gives us a zest for life.