- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
We create bold and stylish interiors – and always work to exceed a client’s expectations. We are very curious and gain inspiration from our travels and environment as much as fashion and design. We strive to give an individual touch to each project and listen to a client’s needs for their personality or brand.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
We are excellent listeners and like to well understand a brief. From this we brainstorm – our studio becomes a creative cloud! Our large library of suppliers, materials and lighting is key to our richly creative and well thought out presentations.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
We admire those who dare to be different; the brave. Jaime Hayon is a good example of this – he is very individual and distinctive, and produces beautiful work. We greatly admire good craftsmanship and so our heroes are the people we work with on projects. They put our ideas and designs into elegant, good quality products and spaces.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
We don’t do one thing in particular – inspiration comes from smells, sounds, films, fashion, nature, an object, a building…it’s an accumulation. Having a studio of individual, international, talented personalities really helps in putting together a concept.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I actually changed my career – I worked in finance. Coming from the beautiful and inspiring city of Venice and having opportunely lived in a few cities before moving to London, I have met many who inspired me to pursue my dream of becoming a designer. I have a natural curiosity and passion for design, which has seen me set up and run my own business for the last 6 years. I would advise people to take a short course or two to see what makes you tick, and to go with your heart. Also – have the courage to be individual and push boundaries.