Lisa Thomas is the owner of Ooh! Events, also working on The Art of Creating & Out of the Garden, where she offers a full creative service from South Carolina. Lisa offers her clients a range of fresh ideas and fresh florals. Her company integrates spirit, art and beauty with authentic experiences and sustainable designs. She ultimately creates multi dimensional experience for her artisans and customers. She also has years of experience working on 25,000-sq-ft of unique rentals. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Lisa Thomas.
Image Credit: 1) The Art of Creating 2) Houzz 3) The Art of Creating 4) The Art of Creating 5) The Art of Creating
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I love to mix it up and find a balance point between new and old, rustic and elegant, colors and textures.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I outline a project’s needs or goals, which creates a framework for my brainstorm session. After I finish the creative brainstorm, I circle back and see what fits into that framework.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I find inspiration in the people around me everyday. Creativity comes from looking at things in a different way each day. Questioning yourself and others, “Is there another way to look at this?”
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I love to surf blogs or flip through magazines – not to copy others, but to pick up on subtle things like color palette, textures, etc. This aesthetic inspiration pushes me to try something new in my own projects.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Perseverance. Nothing is easy, and you have to stick with your life’s passion and work through the tough spots in order for dream to be realized. It take a long time – so be patient, and don’t give up!