Larissa Haynes is the owner of Prodigal Pieces, her own entrepreneurial venture and icing on the cake to her fulfilling family and crafting lifestyle. Larissa prides herself as a homemaker in all forms, mastering everything from painting, woodworking and crochet and sewing. Design and furniture have always been a passion for her, from a very early age. A passion that she has now turned into a fun and profitable business. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Larissa Haynes.
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Completely vintage eclectic with primary focus on farmhouse and Nordic style. You will never find me shopping in department stores for my goods, it’s either thrifted, found, or made by me.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
A piece of furniture or room speaks to me the moment I lay eyes on it. From there it is just a matter of tweaking color, texture, and finding the perfect finish.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
My six children have helped me to take a relaxed look at life and find true contentment on creating a space around us that we love. Their simple outlook is contagious. It causes me to look past the things of this world, focusing on the beauty that lies around us, like stopping to notice the tiny caterpillar on a nearby leaf or picking a dandelion as a prize for their beloved.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I thumb through old books and catalogs, or even while watching videos of stories of the past, I am studying the staging. Finding and piecing them together creates fulfilment.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
My college education was followed by becoming a mother, and the need to create has driven me. Starting my business and blog was another milestone in my life that has pushed me to continue my creative endeavor. Follow your heart, cherish those that love you, and believe in yourself.