Gabriella Morrison is the co-founder, and marketing director of Tiny House Build, along with her husband Andrew Morrison. Gabriella has always been intrigued by the concept of shelter and how humans define their living spaces, and homes. This fascination ultimately led to a curiosity of the tiny house movement and the benefits of uncluttered and environmentally conscious living. This is a practice she then adopted herself, giving away 90% of her belongings. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Gabriella Morrison.
Image Credit: 1-5) Gabriella Morrison
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Uber clean, contemporary aesthetic married to deeply rooted belief that that less is more and that tiny house living just might save the planet.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Our approach is always very Zen. We do our best to clear our minds of how we have seen others approach the same problem and instead come at it with a totally fresh mind.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
We have drawn our highest inspiration from the vision and work of Jay Shafer, the father of the tiny house movement. He reinvented what defines a "home" and challenged the adage that "bigger is better". In the process, he paved the way for an entire movement of people looking for a better and simpler life.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Our most creative thinking happens in our wood fired hot tub. Seriously! The ideas just show up effortlessly so it's an activity we take part in as often as possible.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
It has been an absolutely amazing journey. We have had some hard knocks and some incredible highs but all the while we have always followed what brings us joy. We have only taken on projects that we are passionate about.