Corinna Ashley is a home decor and DIY blogger, celebrating her home improvements on her blog A Designer At Home, since 2013. Corinna frugally spends whatever budget she can muster to fully renovate her 1954 Mid Century Modern Ranch Home. Her love of DIY and design was sparked as a teenager, when she moved home and was encouraged to make her space her own. This enabled her to discover her love of repurposing. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Corinna Ashley.
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I would definitely call my style eclectic in a broad sense. Specifically I lean towards boho/vintage midcentury with DIYed elements.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I'm normally inspired by either a finish/material/technique first. Then I’ll dive into crazy creative brainstorming sessions that involve lots of internet searching and sketches.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
It would have to be Tasha, blogger Designer Trapped, because I respect that she works with things that a lot of people would see as setbacks to a booming career. She has kids, I have a kid, she works in an unrelated to decor career field, I work in an unrelated career field. So I look up to and aim for the kind of success she's achieved.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I find it helpful to browse spaces that I want to be in and I look for things I can take away and implement in my own home.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I keep learning, keep evolving, keep networking. Not every opportunity presented is meant to be taken so make sure you're delegating your time in the wisest way possible. You have to love what you're doing first for the work involved to make it a reality that’s worth it.