Chelcey Tate is a photographer, graphic designer and lifestyle blogger working from Louisville, Kentucky. Chelcey loves exploring local shops to discover new finds for her home, but also spends most of her time behind the camera, working for clients or writing new content for her blog. Her self named blog is her haven and little corner of the internet where she shares all of her thoughts and creative ideas. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Chelcey Tate.
Image Credit: 1) Urban Outfitters 2) The Felt Flower Shop 3) World Market 4) Anthropologie 5) Idle Wild Co Additional Images) Haaken Reed Photography
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
My style has evolved so much over the years, but I’ve always stayed close to a well lived in space that feels comfortable and classic with touches of natural/rustic vibes.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Being an artist, graphic designer, writer and photographer I always start my process the same way which is with pen and paper.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
Hands down, this one goes to my mom. She’s the person who introduced me to the creative world through her own ventures, and has encouraged me every step of the way in my own.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I always start out on Pinterest and Instagram, but realize that it quickly discourages me rather than inspiring my creativity. My favourite way to get inspired recently has been listening to a lot of really great music!
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
A whole lot of hard work, and support from everyone around me. I actually just recently put in my notice at my day job to pursue my creative ventures! My best advice would be to put in the time, learn from your mistakes, trust your gut and keep a close group of people who support you wholeheartedly.