Beckie Farrant of Infarrantly Creative is a “think-outside-the-box” creator. She loves recycling and repurposing and describes herself as: a red-headed, left-handed, frugal-living, faith-walking, truth-speaking, creative-minded, purpose-driven, leadership-seeking, spray-painting, fun-loving girl! So, we are proud to bring you the Designer insights of Beckie Farrant.
Image Credit: 1) Westelm 2) Magnolia 3) Westelm 4) society6 5) urban outfitters
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Eclectic. I often pull from many different design styles regardless of whether or not they "go together." I love bright colors, meaningful pieces, and a little bit of quirk.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Do the next thing. I don't try and plot plan an entire space. I start with the main focal point and then build around it, allowing the room to dictate my direction.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I adore Monica from East Coast Creative. She is a true designer and takes daring risks with her spaces. Her style is so unique and different from my own. However, her brilliance in decorating and thinking outside the box is admirable.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Honestly, most of my projects start with a need. How can I create a space my son will actually keep clean? How can I create a laundry area that makes the chore easier? It is all about function and then beauty for me.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Passion, hard work, and a willingness to evolve and grow. To be successful in the creative blogging industry, you will have to work hard. If you don't love it, you will get burned out. Also, the industry is always changing, so you have to anticipate those changes and evolve.