Ashley Greenwood is a craft blogger, writing at her blog 3 Little Greenwoods since 2013 from South Carolina. Ashley is a Southern girl at heart, inspired by her three children (the little Greenwoods) to write her blog and share all her craft adventures. A former kindergarten teacher, she is now a chief birthday cake creator, party planner, DIY lover and lifestyle blogger. She now shares everything from painting to paper crafts on her blog. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Ashley Greenwood.
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
My style is a mix of traditional Southern Coastal with splashes of color thrown in since having in my home color makes me incredibly happy.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Most of my DIY home decor projects begin with a vision in my mind and a thrift store piece. Creating something fantastic from nothing is thrill!
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I am constantly inspired by my close knit community of lifestyle bloggers. Seeing the spaces they are creating sparks an excitement in me that wants to see how I can use my creativity to design spaces that combine function, thrift store finds, and fantastic design.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Magazines! They are a wonderful sources of inspiration for me.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Doing what I am passionate about keeps my DIY loving self motivated to continue transforming lost pieces into home decor I love. But passion without work goes nowhere. Write down three things each day I want to focus and just do it!