Angela Walters is a quilting blogger and founder of Quilting is My Therapy, which she runs from Missouri. To say that she loves machine quilting is an understatement, it is her passion and her therapy, hence the name of her blog. She just wishes others enjoyed quilting as much as her. Angela has created a significant resource in her blog for machine quilters, helping them with her tutorials with close pictures of her techniques. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Angela Walters.
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I like to use various quilting designs to enhance the art of a quilt top. My style is mixing linear and curvy designs to fit and flow together.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I like to lay out a quilt or take a picture of it and then let the top marinate in my mind for a few days before I even touch it. I like to let the top speak to me.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
There are so many! One of my favorites is Tula Pink. I admire and respect her so much for her insane fabric design. Working with her has been inspiring and fun!!
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I love to keep my eyes open for things in my surrounding and in nature. The best designs sometimes come from the tile on a bathroom floor, or a really cool flower in nature. Once you start seeing design all around you, it's easy to be inspired!
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Be nice to everyone and work hard!! Those two things will take you really far! Another great piece of advice is to surround yourself with a great support team!!