Amy Baesler is a blogger at Her Tool Belt, which she has been writing from Utah since 2013. Amy is a proud tool lover, mom of two and also tractor driver. She writes about her new projects, each of which enhances her skillset and adds a new tool to her tool belt (hence her blog name). She has always loved woodworking, and particularly loves developing a new project and seeing her plans come to life. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Amy Baesler.
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
My style tends to gravitate towards traditional, but I like to add a few unexpected twists. I love curves, molding and accents that make furniture and a space unique.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I first decide on what the need is, and then gather ideas from magazines, Pinterest, etc. I think and dream about the space/furniture until inspiration strikes.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
My aunt is a very talented home decorator. I have always admired her natural talent to create beautiful spaces and event settings. She makes decorating and designing look so easy and she can pull it together on any budget.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
My favorite hobby is to build furniture/woodworking. I look at furniture and architecture wherever I go, and take a mental note or snap a photo of the designs I like.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
My love to build and create has brought me this far in my career. I thrive on trying and learning new skills and tackling challenges. I share my plans so others can build beautiful projects for their home too. My advice is to give it a try!