Amy Anderson is a full time blogger, writing about crafts and DIY on her blog DIY Candy, based in Atlanta, Georgia. Amy has been creative from a very early age, her parents even encouraged her creative tendencies by taking her to art classes and sewing camp. Now all these years later she is thankful that she can blog about crafting for a living. Her site details her appreciation of creativity in all its forms, from knitting to home decor. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Amy Anderson.
Image Credit: 1) Mini Eco 2) Zakka Life 3) DIY Candy 4) Mesew Crazy 5) Pillar Box Blue
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I definitely love bright colors and patterns, unique color combinations, and bold ideas that make you like twice. I don’t like TOO much of this though. For instance, a turquoise chair in a room of white is my favorite.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Grab a cup of coffee and sit down with my project and just dive in – and let whatever wants to happen, happen!
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I REALLY love Kristen Powers - she’s a true artist and her work is inspirational! She has remained true to herself the whole time I’ve known her online, which I think is awesome.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I use Pinterest, but at the same time I like to get off of the computer too (window shopping, books, etc)! I find that too much time on electronics can actually muddle things . . . I need a clear mind to get creative.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I don’t think I’m more talented than anyone else, I just work harder than most. I got it from my parents. You need to love what you do, and then give it your all. These days it’s hard to find luck in the craft blogging world.