Modern Living Room Ideas: Using Muted Autumn Colours
Whether you tend to change up your living room décor with the arrival of each new season or you're interested in finding a new look for the room, you may want to take inspiration from autumn. The warm, yet muted colours of the season are a natural choice for a colour scheme – and if you don't redecorate your living room seasonally or even annually, you'll be glad to learn that autumn-inspired colours and decorations work well all year long. Try the following tips for giving your living room a warm, autumnal feel that you'll still be happy with even once spring arrives.
- You don't necessarily need to buy new furniture in autumnal colours if they don't already match the theme. You can use blankets, throw pillows or slip-covers to give your furniture a change of colour. Olive green, muted oranges and red and of course, earth tones, are all par for the course.
- If you plan to make your autumn theme a permanent (or at least semi-permanent) one, then you may want to consider repainting one wall of your living room in an autumn colour as an accent. If your living room has a fireplace, this wall is often the best choice. Good colours for this accent wall include rust red or other tones which evoke the colours of autumn leaves. This adds a dramatic touch to the room as well as a visual focus which pulls the rest of your autumn décor together – and it's an inexpensive, quick and easy thing to do as well.
- Large rugs are an inexpensive way to add warmth, colour and pattern to your living; you don't have to have a falling leaf design to get the look – just choose those with deep reds, oranges and golds to compliment your accent colours.
- A change of wall decorations is another way to add a touch of fall to your living room. Framed photographs of autumn leaves or colourful autumnal landscapes as well as paintings in colours which match the rest of your colour scheme are also a good choice.
- You can change your window dressing for other curtains uk in colours which either match or complement your accent wall, or opt for wooden blinds in a rich honey yellow or deep mahogany. This is another easy and low cost way to give your living room a cohesive, autumn inspired look which makes your living room warm and inviting throughout the year.