Planner 5D is an interior design app which lets regular people create accurate floor plans both in 2D and 3D, based in Lithuania. Their software enables users to visualise design ideas, plan renovations and create custom home decor modifications. It currently has over 3.5 million users worldwide, who benefit from its great functionality and ease of use. It is also fully customisable so you can create a realistic plan before you start decorating. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Planner 5D.
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
We seek to ensure that every user is able to find or uncover their own unique style and perception of interior design.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Planning. From simple ideas that take several minutes to layout, to detailed and complex projects.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
We actively encourage our users to collaborate with each other and to become inspired by the work of others. Our system promotes the works of others, including some amazing and skillful designers. Collaboration can be amazing, but from the broader perspective we seek to create an original product.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
We try to utilise what’s popular among big numbers of people, then share that with our users. For instance, we will soon be launching a catalog with Scandinavian furniture - something that is extremely popular at present.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
A practical and affordable need to create interior designs without the help of expensive professionals. Therefore we encourage our users to tap into interior design themselves, regardless of whether they have any special skills and even if they have limited funds.