Meegan Fast is a lover of all things thrifting and vintage, sharing her latest finds, DIY crafts and recipes at What Meegan Makes. Meegan use to stage and decorate weddings for 17 years, where she organized and decorated every aspect of a wedding to give a bride her perfect dream wedding. The most rewarding part of this being, seeing a bride’s eyes light up after seeing all of her hard work. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Meegan Fast.
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
My style is cottage, vintage, beachy, and thrifted. It comes from years of collecting vintage items, shells, shopping thrift stores and desiring a beach cottage.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
When I spot something unique, I ponder about how I can make it my own. The creative juices are flowing until I find a place for it in my home.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
When working as a wedding coordinator, my partner Wendy. We had chemistry much like one another. She would suggest an idea and I create from that, and vice versa. Our creativity went beyond our own expectations. It was an enjoyable time-and many times did not feel like work, but pure creativity.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
When looking for inspiration I browse through antique malls, thrift stores, and high end furniture shops. Then can envision our small condo on a smaller, simpler scale. BUT, with a high end look.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I came to this point after raising a large family and designing weddings for 17 years. I find fulfilment in creating and designing. I stick to my core when choosing pieces. Advice: Follow your love and creativity. Not trends.