Marta Mitchell is an interior designer working throughout the US, as well as internationally from her design firm Marta Mitchell Interior Design. Marta has the unique ability to visualise practical spaces, a skill that enables her to offer comfort and style to her clients. She has received a Bachelors Degree in Interior Design, is a Certified Color Consultant and has received an Excellence in Design Award from the American Society of Interior Design. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Marta Mitchell.
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I visualize practical spaces starting with the client’s wants and needs. With a unique style and willingness to take risks, I create designs that reflect their untapped artistic vision.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I always start by pinpointing the client’s favorite items in their current home. This gives me an insight into their personalities and lifestyle, and without exception provides the inspiration.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
My most inspiring creative story is one I have read about Leonardo da Vinci: He often went to sleep holding a wooden ball in his hand, cantilevering over the side of the bed – he felt that he was most creative as he was falling asleep. As the ball fell to the ground, the noise would wake him up and he would get up to do his best work.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Color! Color is what inspires me the most. I will usually find an element that defines the color direction I will take, and then build from that.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Growing a business and a reputation is a gradual process. It requires consistency and perseverance. But most importantly, I believe that what has enabled my business to flourish has been versatility of design – being able to provide clients with the absolute best solution that fits with their style, likes, and lifestyle.