Loren Kreiss is the fourth generation Creative Director of his family company Kreiss, offering customers luxury furniture for over 75 years. Loren is passionate about offering original designs and master craftsmanship with every piece of furniture that bears his family name. His company has been a pioneer in the industry for the “The California Look”, a style that is now recognised worldwide. Ultimately his furniture is bold, elegant and timeless. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Loren Kreiss.
Image Credit: 1-5) kreiss.com
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
We specialize in the California Look. It is a timeless, casually elegant style featuring generously proportioned pieces, neutral colors with unique accents, and a combination of natural materials and textures.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
We have a team of designers in our office and we work collaboratively. We interview our clients to help them achieve their vision and pull inspiration from our archive and other sources around the web.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
We are a family business and my father and grandparents (all of whom are unfortunately deceased) were my primary creative influences.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I find myself inspired by travel and film. Recently, I was struck by the 1980s aesthetic of a television show entitled Halt and Catch Fire. I was also inspired by a recent trip to Montecito where the softness and color of the foliage struck me.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I have been singularly focused on our brand and look for most of my life. Growing up in the business, I never wavered in my aspirations to expand and evolve our brand and aesthetic.