ChiWei Ranck is a design, craft and creative blogger, sharing her projects on her blog One Dog Woof, from California. ChiWei is originally from Taiwan but moved to the US before starting school. She started her blog on a whim as a part-time hobby but it soon evolved into a “full blown business machine”. She loves design and crafting and is really passionate about sharing her creative craziness with her readers. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of ChiWei Ranck.
Image Credit: 1) Design Within Reach 2) Real Simple 3) Joy The Store 4) Red Gate Arts 5) 41 Orchard
- Transcript -
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I don’t have a particular style, but I do believe in combining form and function into something beautiful.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I curl up in a ball, close my eyes, and daydream.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I really love Sarah Zimmerman’s work on her crochet/craft blog Repeat Crafter Me. I’m always impressed with the innate design, the cute factor and the incredible speed at which she produces great work!
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I look around my house and think about what I need (or want). That automatically gives me the function of a piece. Then I work on the form.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I have grown slowly and steadily, but have retained my joy in creating. I think you always need to remember why you’re doing what you’re doing and make sure you love it.