Sarah Stacey is the principal designer of Sarah Stacey Interior Design, an interior design firm, based in Austin, Texas. Sarah is known for her fearless approach to design and intuitive approach. Her portfolio shows she is an expert at creating energetic interiors that are beautifully designed and comfortable to live in. Sarah also contributes to Austin’s digital magazine Citygram, and was on the 2014 committee of Austin’s DIFFA event, Picnic by Design. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Sarah Stacey.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Cheerful, practical and individualized.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I normally first select one important piece like a sofa or rug. Then I start piecing other items in. I keep what I like and toss out what I don’t.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
My furniture craftsman Brian Chilton. He builds great pieces and is such a good and fun person to work with.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I get inspiration from all over. I might get some ideas on the internet or in magazines, but lots of times an element in what I’m working on inspires a whole design.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I took a roundabout way of getting to where I am today. I graduated in Advertising and did that for about 7 years, but I was completely obsessed with design. So I ended my career and began my business. I’m a fan of doing things and not waiting for a so called perfect moment. So just do it – everything will fall into place.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):