Chris Carroll is an Aussie interior design blogger, as well as stylist offering his services, from The Life Creative, since 2012. Chris started his blog after he discovered his obsession with sharing beautiful things with the world, and his love of every candle he has ever seen. He is a self confessed bargain hunter and has appeared in numerous decorating magazines. He is also currently authoring his first book. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Chris Carroll.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Casual, comfortable and with a bit of quirk. I like to mesh modern mid-century and industrial pieces together in my own home – with a few whimsical moments.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
It always starts with asking two questions; how does the space need to feel and how does it need to function? They’re the two elements that shape the design decisions.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I’ve met and covered stories on many creative types in the design world and none are nicer or more talented than Greg Natale. Greg’s designs are stunning and he is the most open, giving and down-to-earth man in the biz!
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I blog daily, so I’m always finding imagery online that wows me. There’s also nothing better than stepping away from the computer and hitting the stores – both modern retailers and salvage stores.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I studied both journalism and styling, so I think learning is important. But I’ve also been very vocal about my journey and have been open to new opportunities. Come from a place of yes and just keep hassling people until they give in and let you work with them!
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):