Britney Mills is a crafter and DIY blogger sharing her many craft adventures and projects on her blog, The Princess And Her Cowboys from Utah. Britney loves traveling and sharing her life, and latest craft ideas with her readers, writing about everything from sewing, recipes and home decor. She loves inspiring people and using her family life with her husband and son to come up with her latest blog posts. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Britney Mills.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I like simple and elegant with a little bit of fun added in. If I can make it, I like it even more.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Usually I start a new project out of a need, whether it is a birthday gift or something that will keep my life a little more organized.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
There are quite a few and I don’t want to leave anyone out but I think that I admire them because of their compassion and patience with me because I’m not the most tech savvy. There are people that are willing to teach even though they are super busy and I think that makes me like them and their site so much more from that sacrifice of time.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Sometimes Pinterest, sometimes just going on an outing with my son to the store and see different things that I can pull together into one.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I think that a determination to succeed is keeping me going with my blog. I know that it is a lot of work but it is something I want to see succeed and so I keep pushing forward and make sure that I’m not trying to conform to someone else.