Anjie Cho is a holistic designer and architect, offering a feng shui and green design service in the state of New York, see @holisticSpaces. Anjie is passionate about creating nourishing and beautiful spaces for her many clients. Through her work she enhances balance and harmony, utilising sustainability and ancient feng shui techniques. She is a LEED Accredited Professional and certified feng shui consultant from the BTB Feng Shui Masters Training Program. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Anjie Cho.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Feng shui and holistic design inspire my work for meaning and purpose in my design decisions. We find beauty in simplicity and balance and design harmonious living and work spaces that resonate uniquely with each individual client.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
The creative process begins with the needs and desires of the client. From there, we work with the physical and energetic environment to create a holistic space.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I admire craftsmen and contractors. Although they’re not always thought of as creative, they possess such knowledge and skills to make my vision a reality. I learn from their expertise on how things are constructed and created.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Meditation creates space in the mind, body and environment that allows true inspiration. Creating that space in my mind promotes insight for creating my clients’ physical spaces.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I contribute my success to hard work and feng shui! My advice to designers: listen to the needs of your clients, and never undervalue yourself.