Adrienne Chinn is an independent and well-established designer based in London, working from her design firm Interior Design by Adrienne Chinn. Adrienne uses her natural talent for colour coordination to expertly design residential and commercial properties. She works to match designs to the personality of her clients, immersing them in truly engaging spaces. She is also a specialist at sourcing 20th century antiques, such as Art Nouveau, Art Deco and Mid-Century Modern. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Adrienne Chinn.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I don’t have a unique style. I design across all genres — from Georgian to Art Deco, Mid-Century Modern to Contemporary and Traditional. It really depends on the client and the property, but I do like to mix up eras for a fresh look.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I start by measuring up the property and taking lots of photos, then I go through design books and magazines and start filtering ideas.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most? [And why?]
I love meeting the talented Moroccan women weavers who weave the beautiful Beni Ourain rugs. They create art in their rugs amongst the noise and responsibilities of daily life.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired? [Why does this work so well for you?]
I’m like a sponge. I’m always looking for inspiration — it’s second nature. Walking is great. I walk everywhere. And I carry a camera. You never know what you’ll see!
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Persistence! You just keep going, one day at a time. Decide what you want to do and go after it. Don’t let anyone tell you you can’t.