Meghan Saunders is from Candle Warmers, Etc, the 57th fastest growing consumer products company as ranked by Inc. 500. Founded in 2001 the company innovatively designed patented candle warming appliances after noticing a gap in the market that other products weren’t fulfilling. Their company is committed to enhancing home safety by offering affordable candle warming appliances. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Meghan Saunders.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
We design products that are soft, warm, inviting. We keep on trend and create within a wide variety of styles, to keep things fun, fresh and current.
2) When starting a new design project, what is your creative process?
A big part of our design process involves research. We identify trends and inspiration. From there we sketch product concepts and ideas, refine them and make samples.
3) Out of all the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
There isn’t one specific person, as I’ve worked with some great people. Things I admire in my colleagues include being open-minded to and respectful of new ideas, regardless of the source. I look up to those who aren’t afraid to push the boundaries while striving to improve or create something new.
4) Is there a building that you find yourself revisiting repeatedly, because of it’s beautiful and inspiring interiors?
Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, Turkey. It’s not local, but always comes to mind as a stunning example of design. The interiors are a beautiful juxtaposition of styles and the details are incredible.
5) How did you get into interior design? And what is your advice for design students looking to follow in your footsteps?
I grew up on design, as my mom was an interior designer. If you love it, go for it and make sure you always have fun. Keep fresh and learn from your peers and colleagues; they are great resources.