How to measure your window for curtain poles
- First, decide where the pole is to be positioned - this can either be on the window frame or above it on the wall.
- Measure the required width (A), taking into account the space needed for the curtains to be drawn back either side of the window (B). We recommend at least 15cm. This measurement will increase for wider windows to allow the curtains to draw back away from the window.
- Choose which style of finial you like, ensuring there is space for them either side of the pole (C).
- Alternatively, where space is tight, please ask about smaller finials or other suitable poles.
- Remember that when deciding on your size of curtain pole that you can widen the pole to change the size or aspect of your window. For example, a tall narrow window if required can be made to look more square with a wider pole.