Put spring into your home – part 7 – epilogue
In the final part of this mini series I have five great tips, ideas and suggestions taken from the series and neatly packaged them into this friendly epilogue for you to enjoy! Saying a glad farewell to winter and seeing the return of spring invokes new beginnings and life style changes for many.
Whether this is simply breathing fresh air back into your home by opening windows or adding more subtle changes by way of redecorating or freshening up tired looking bedrooms.
- Spring is the perfect time to blow away the cobwebs and winter blues and inject colour into your home. This could be as simple as placing fresh spring flowers in your main rooms to provide colour and a beautiful aroma!
- Add seasonal touches by using brightening colours which will make small rooms appear large. Decorating a single wall in an accent wallpaper which has a bold floral pattern will automatically give a whole new dimension to the room. Statement headboards are on-trend this year, if you're on a tight budget painting the wall behind the headboard will brighten the room, add cheap roller blinds in the same colour to the windows to bring the room together. Use light colours which remind you of spring such as hyacinth blue, daffodil yellow or a colour found in fresh tulips, such as red or white.
- It's the time of year to pay close attention to your windows. Change heavy weight curtains for sheer fabrics, such as voile, silk or organza which will billow in the breeze as you open your windows to let fresh air into the rooms. If you need curtains which give a bit more privacy use lined voile curtains to give you the privacy you need and the floaty soft fall of the fabric. Team with cushions to bring cohesion the the room.
- Don't forget your flooring! If you don't want to replace carpets simply use brightly coloured rugs to give an instant boost to a room.
- Refresh your bedrooms with beautiful luxury bedding in gorgeous spring colours, opt for styles which include a variety of different fabrics and textures if you want a refined and elegant look, or simply choose duvet sets with bright floral prints! As we have seen it doesn't have to cost a fortune to bring a touch of spring into your home, just some careful consideration and a little inspiration! Looking for ideas for bedrooms? Part 2 may be just the ideas you're looking for!